Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default HF Oscillating Multi-Function Tool

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Red Green wrote:
Joe wrote in news:fbb0d9ca-20c7-47aa-8695-
:

On Jul 20, 9:12 pm, Red Green wrote:

snip

Can't wait till it craps out...so I can justify a Fein :-)

snip

Why bother? I've got 25+ hours on mine doing the scraper thing and
it still honks right along. When it quits (if it does) I'll probably
buy another one.
Used it on a 12' x 16' kitchen floor with linoleum, plywood, asphalt
felt, more linoleum, more asphalt felt and it was slow going but
took it down to the subfloor planks. Took off the final asphalt
residue with a Bosch power planer. The planer spit out a kind of
fluff consisting of asphalt and wood fiber that was easy to sweep
up. There have been posts in this NG moaning and groaning about
asphalt, but this old stuff came up pretty clean.

Joe

Blades Joe. The HF's are only for wood I think/assumed and the wood
ones are said to be junk. New set of HF econo blades only $6 but
metal cutting blade would be handy at times. Have had multiple
occasions cutting toilet bolts with recip saw. Sometimes it goes easy
and sometimes just can't get the saw in there right. I think there
was a comment once about Dremel blades fitting it?

The "wood-cutting" blade cuts metal. And bricks. And mortar. And
grout. It just dulls faster.

And yes, the Dremel blades fit the HF.

There are no pins in the HF mount to mate with blade holes. Have seen
comments about the blade repeatedly coming loose.

Easily overcome with a longer Allen wrench.

Thanks HeyBub.

How about allen wrench socket in 18V Ridgid hammer drill:-)