Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default UPS: "Do not connect laser printer..."

Bob Larter wrote:

You're kidding! Why not?

My guess is that someone thinks you can mix ammonia and various household
items to make a bomb, but what I think happened is that someone who
can't read the Hebrew warnings on the bottle cleaned their toilet with
ammonia and clorox and they had to evacuate the whole neighborhood.

Now the most exotic toilet cleaner you can buy is something called
"hot water" (may cham) which is a mild dilution of hydrochloric acid. So mild,
I don't think it will cause skin burns.

Geoff.