Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gluing aluminum to glass

Got a question regarding an upcoming repair job: how to adhere an
aluminum strip to glass.

Client has a glass shower that had a metal channel attached to the
bottom of the door (glass) that had come off. I made a new channel out
of aluminum angle and glued it on using [something I picked up at the
hardware sto don't remember exactly what].

It didn't hold. I need to reglue the strip. What do y'all suggest?

The stuff I'm thinking about is that special goop used to stick
rear-view mirrors to windshields. Amazing ****. I put such a mirror on
my van, and the stuff sticks like crazy. It comes in really little
packages; wonder if you can get a bigger tube of it?

Or epoxy?

Actual experience with your suggestion gets you extra points ...