Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,comp.sys.tandem
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Eagle Scout project complete!

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I was asking for acute angle. I had to lose some wait, cause
I was considered obtuse.

Sorry if I was confusing. Let me restate.

I come from a tradition that teaches good works are good for their own sake,
not as an entrance fee to the hereafter and that was the message I was
trying to convey. My tradition teaches that dwelling on the hereafter takes
time and effort away from these good works and is, therefore, discouraged.

On the other hand, if someone's faith holds that one earns entrance in the
world to come by doing good deeds, that's okay with me - the good gets done
and I'm not too anal about the motivation.

On the other, other, hand, there is at least one religion that provides
entrance to paradise is achieved principally by expanding the reach of the
religion. If this reach is achieved by forcibly imposing the doctrine or
killing apostates, infidels, and non-believers, that earns the actor a
ticket in first class. And maybe even virgins.

Point is, if one's motivation is driven solely by a desire to enter a better
place, the worldly results of that desire can be quite wicked.