Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Hardcano 12 Chip ID help

I have no idea about the ICs, but what camer did you use for the picture of
the board?

That's an extremely clear pic, even the texture in the epoxy is sharp.

--
Cheers,
WB

"Archon" wrote in message
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can ID this chip.
Its on a Thermaltake Hardcano 12 Fan speed controller for PC cooling
There are 4 chips to control 4 fans, only 2 fan channels are now working.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40466580@N07/3739612554/

As you might see from the photo,
pins 1-3 are joined and are variable DC output to the 12vdc fan,
pin 4 has a variable width pulse in of 8v peak on a good channel but 2v
peak one duff channel, 8v on the other duff channel (No output on 1-3).
Pins 7-8 are joined and have 12VDC rail,
pins 5-6 have traces disappearing under the board which I can't
disassemble as I'm going to RMA it but want to see if its even worth
getting another as it only lasted an hour before failing.

It was driving 4xThermaltake 120mm Blue LED fans. There are no real specs
on its drive ability, but I assume its capable of driving case fans.

TIA JC