Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default De Dietrich oven: strangely bad service

On Jul 20, 12:40*am, Timothy Murphy wrote:
NT wrote:
The thermostat has gone wrong
in our De Dietrich double oven (model FB2727U11).

can't you fix the stat? The usual failure is burnt contacts, which can
be lightly sanded with fine paper or a rat's tail file. This can
affect the temperature calibration, best check it afterwards with an
oven thermometer

My impression was that it is rather difficult to remove the thermostat
from the oven?

I cant offer any useful feedback on that, not done much work on ovens.
I'd be mildly surprised if it were a problem though, ovens have to be
quick to assemble, and I cant see anyone welding a stat in place.

NT