Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default De Dietrich oven: strangely bad service

On Jul 19, 10:29*pm, Timothy Murphy wrote:
The thermostat has gone wrong
in our De Dietrich double oven (model FB2727U11).

We are finding it extraordinarily difficult to get a replacement.
We have been trying for about 5 weeks,
with a number of bizarre excuses.

The oven is not new, but not very old (maybe 8 years).
As far as I can make out, De Dietrich makes dozen of models,
each using a different thermostat.

My present thoughts are that I would never get
another De Dietrich appliance.
Am I being unreasonable?
Perhaps it would be the same with any make?

can't you fix the stat? The usual failure is burnt contacts, which can
be lightly sanded with fine paper or a rat's tail file. This can
affect the temperature calibration, best check it afterwards with an
oven thermometer

NT