Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default CD Player nearly dead?

"Lee" wrote in message
om...
Al wrote:

I think the claening disc is a red herring. I've never, ever, known one
do any good whatsoever. Nice quick profit for someone though (cheap disk,
little brush, looks like magic, doesn't work).

Al.

Yep, about all they could do is clean the lens which rarely gets that
dirty anyway. But I suppose it makes some people feel better that at least
they have *tried* something before throwing it out

In the types of pickup which have them, cleaning the mirror sometimes
works for a while - when you can get to it at least
I have a Sony "MHC" type unit which needs the mirror cleaned every so
often, but that has IMO a design flaw in that the CD unit is on the top
and the pickup positioned right under a ventilation slot....

Lee

Found the manual - not much use though

http://j.mdownload1.free.fr/Schemas/Sony/HCD-H5.pdf