Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Scratches in new galvalume roof

On Jul 18, 4:44*pm, danmc68 wrote:
I had a new steel roof put on about a month ago. *There were a few
scratches in the metal, which now have a white crust (zinc oxide?).
The contractor is contacting the supplier about it, but I thought I'd
ask for some opinions here. *Is there a paint that can be used to
cover the scratches?

*snip

There is a class of paints called 'zinc rich' that approximate the
performance of galvanizing. They are commonly found on welded sections
of chain link fence accessories. Try a real paint store for what you
need. It is quite possible that zinc rich paint would be acceptable to
the roofing maker.

Joe