Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default CD Player nearly dead?

wrote in message
BigGirlsBlouse wrote:
below the minimum threshold required. They become tired and like all
devices
their emissions drop.You can replace the laser (not easy to get to) but
after 15 years lets face it, it owes you nothing.

You have it backwards: such sterling service means the CD player
deserves only the best of treatment and repair.

Not that I've fixed my old CBM777 portable cd player, which also
managed about 15 years.

#Paul

Thanks for the advice - I have taken the covers off - wound the head to an
accessible position and used my camera cleaning kit to clean the lens.
Alas - still only playing some and jumping a bit so I guess it is getting
weak and will have to go in the bin.