Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic storage boxes for my new van?

Housemartin wrote:
Hi folks,
I have loads of boxes of screws that I need to store in my van.
What do you think about using these plastic storage boxes that fit on
a metal louvered panel in a van? Are they likley to fall off if I
drive over a pothole?

That was my experience, plus stuff bouncing out as Peter said, plus anything
in the van not strapped down knocks them off.

Can you take a middle box out without having to remove one above it?

You can if you have a big enough gap.

I ended up with three of these which are stored upright
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/97196/...l-Organiser-XL -
the cheaper ones don't have removeable boxes and the lid clips arent as
strong.

Strong enough to keep plumbing fittings in, which weigh quite a lot.

You can sometimes find the Stanley ones badged as Wickes & a bit cheaper.

I've also got a couple of these
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/96295/...ews-Trade-Case -
if you buy them often the case is cheaper - as long as you use all the
screws.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk