Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default (Way OT) Tooth Stuff. Was: Wind Power

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
(...)

These are just summaries of the full articles, which will say exactly
what was used. Nor will the H2Os used be all that strong. The real
point is that if H2O2 were so much more effective than anything
complicated, some academic would have told us by now.

That message came through loud and clear in the first article. I grok.

There is no harm in the H2O2 rinse, and if it works for you don't stop.
But you can also use the high-floride toothpaste mentioned in the
article.

Yup. There is no single 'magic bullet' for dental care (or
anything else that I know of). It takes a combination of
tools and techniques to do the job correctly.
We are in violent agreement.

One odd side effect of my heart surgery was a dramatic reduction in
tartar buildup, due to the heavy duty antibiotics were used before
surgery. The effect is well known it turned out, but those antibiotics
are far too powerful to use for teeth.

The holy grail is something effective and yet safe enough for
unsupervised populations to use. It will be a billion-dollar discovery.
How's that for incentive?

Pretty good, Joe.

--Winston