Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Photoessay on moving a Bridgeport uploaded to the dropbox

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 10:33:32 -0400, the infamous GeoLane at PTD dot
NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET scrawled the following:

I finally got around to writing up my experiences moving a Bridgeport
mill last October. It adds to the excellent one that Richard Kinch
did when he moved his. We had quite a discussion regarding what was
safe and what wasn't, with some disagreements among some who had done
it different ways.

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/Moving_a_Bridgeport_2J_Head_Milling_Machine_2.pdf

The URL was broken so I fixed it.

Topics covered.
A photo essay describing the equipment needed to move a Bridgeport
milling machine,
One safe way of strapping the machine onto a trailer
How to lift it off the trailer
HOW TO GET A WIDE TABLE THROUGH A NARROW DOOR
Photos from the web of other people's moving experiences.

Well done, sir.

I uploaded the files Saturday AM, so I don't know when they'll
actually appear.

It's up now, 2:31PDT.

--
Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything
evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything.