Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default which speedy joist hangers

Simon wrote:
On 17 July, 17:57, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
I have to fit joists onto a ledger plate bolted to the wall. Masonry
hangers into the wall is not an option as the mortar courses are not
level so would be a total pain. Ledger plate and joists are all
75mm x 225mm. What type of speedy joist hanger to use ?
There are types (maxi-speedy ?) that just nail to the side of the
timber, or ones (long-leg ?) which are wrapped over the top
(presumably recessed into the back of the ledger plate so the rear
surface is still flat against the wall).

You can bolt Maxi Speedys to the ledger plate. I've used these to do
sohttp://www.screwfix.com/prods/22717/Bolts/Turbo-Coach-Screws/Turbo-Co...

Magnetic hex nut driver in a cordless makes it a quick job.

Thanks, other thing, I was wondering whether to use 50mm thick ledger
plate or 75mm.
Anyone know what is usually used ?
Simon.

I've never seen one thicker than 50mm