Charlie Self

Default Will Santa will fall through the roof? - AKA - Bostitch or Porter Cable Roofing Nailer?

Dr. Know asks:

I have looked at several coil roofing nailers, the Hitachi (long in
the tooth and pricey), the Bostitch RN46-1 and the Porter Cable
RN175a.

I've heard bad things about the PC, but have no first hand experience.
The Bostitch looks good, but hey, who knows?
They seem similar in weight and features.

Does anyone have any hands-on experience they are willing to share on
selecting between these two?

How much air will these use? I'm assuming a "5hp" (cough) 12 gal CH
compressor will run either of these with no problem.

Can't help much with the selection--I've had good luck with the Bostitch and
Hitachi, never used the P-C. No idea how either would fit a lefty's hand.

Any small compressor from 1 HP up will work. 4 gallon capacity or larger, IME.

Charlie Self

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas J. Watson