Posted to alt.home.repair
Some Guy Some Guy is offline

Default What To Look For In A Refrigerator?

"Pete C." wrote:

Apparently you lack the technical knowledgeable to be able to
evaluate the features I noted,

Only the designers of the appliances in question have that
knowledge. Anyone else must seek out that information, and
in many cases it simply is not available to those outside
the company that makes it.

I have the knowledge to evaluate those items as do many others.

Evaluating information or data is one thing.

Getting your hands on that information or data is another.

I understand refrigeration, construction methods and electronic
controls.

And I could show you an exploded view of two fridges. What would you do
with that information?

Where will you go to find out what gauge metal is used for what part of
the fridge?

How will you find out which east-asian plant produced what PC board in
which fridge?

By the time any really relavent information is available to compare any
given consumer product, that product will most likely no longer be
available on store shelves - it will be replaced with the next model.

That is true of TV's, cameras, appliances, etc. The time-cycle between
products is being reduced to counter consumer awareness and reduce the
relevence and usefullness of on-line reviews.