Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default unisaw, (new style) right tilt: blade has NO lower OR upper elevation stops? won't lower, binds at top...

"mike from American Sycamore" wrote in message
snip

Leon:

I have been in the industry for over 30 years.

And 30 years ago the Unisaw was a good saw. But I remind you we are talking
10 years ago. You seem to have a hard time believing that, I eye
witnessed it after hearing about it. I was going to buy a Unisaw but the
obvious choice was staring me right in the face.

I sold Jet....a lot of
Jet...and we took it out of the box and put most pieces together to
avoid customer complaints and the customer having to return to the
store to get a part or an exchange....no one is going to tell me that
Jet products on the whole is better than Delta...

I put my Jet together in the garage, I do not recall having any problems.

I know from hands on
experience....not what I read on some chat room.

Your hands on knowledge is limited to what "you" have seen. Mine is limited
to what "I" have seen. And I saw what was happening to others.
Did you read the piece that Keith Bond wrote? He being a respected Unisaw
expert also acknowledged that the Unisaws were having issues.

I can tell you that
the margins are higher with Jet and we made more money selling Jet,
but you had to put up with alot more trouble and problems.

I don't know about how Jet was 15 years ago but 10 years ago plain and
simple my gut told me to go with the Jet over the Unisaw and I am glad I
did. Had I bought a Unisaw I would probably be just as happy. But common
sense told me that if you hear of a problem and then eye witness the problem
,"there is a problem".

I never had any broken trunnions from Delta because I was a good
dealer and sold and serviced my customers.

Good for you.

I delivered most of the
saws myself...

As did my dealer.

shipping the tools by some cowboy truck driver dropping
them out the back was probably what happened if any saws were
broke. .

Could be but I have not heard of problems with any other brands being
damaged during shipping except for Grizzley.