Posted to rec.woodworking
mike from American Sycamore mike from American Sycamore is offline

Default unisaw, (new style) right tilt: blade has NO lower OR upperelevation stops? won't lower, binds at top...

On Jul 17, 8:26*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

"mike from American Sycamore" wrote in message

the reason he sold you a Jet is that a dealer makes more money selling
Jet that Delta.or he was on credit hold with Delta and needed to move
inventory for $$. * He done it for greed Not customer service. *I also
sold Jet and in no way does it compare to the quality of Delta in the
long haul.

"Horse "s-it"! *I will not doubt that there may have been more money to be
made but the quality was in favor of the Jet.
Jet's simply arrived intact. *I higly suspect he did it for less chance of
a customer complaint after a DOA Unisaw delivery.
Say what you will but your view is apparently only considering what you
have personally seen. *Many many others, as I have pointed out to you,
have seen differently.

Additionally, I did not buy the Jet from the dealer that had the broken
Unisaw. *I bought from a dealer that also sold both Delta and Jet. *He had
more Delta on display than Jet and had to order my saw, he had the Unisaw in
stock.

Leon:

I have been in the industry for over 30 years. I sold Jet....a lot of
Jet...and we took it out of the box and put most pieces together to
avoid customer complaints and the customer having to return to the
store to get a part or an exchange....no one is going to tell me that
Jet products on the whole is better than Delta...I know from hands on
experience....not what I read on some chat room. I can tell you that
the margins are higher with Jet and we made more money selling Jet,
but you had to put up with alot more trouble and problems.

I never had any broken trunnions from Delta because I was a good
dealer and sold and serviced my customers. I delivered most of the
saws myself...shipping the tools by some cowboy truck driver dropping
them out the back was probably what happened if any saws were
broke. .
Good luck,
Mike