Mike G

Default Top Coat for Watco Danish Oil Finish????????

Depends on what you are looking for. If you are going to put a building
finish on it, it was kind of waste of time to have put the Danish oil on to
start with.

Danish oil is a nice oil finish that gives some greater protection then the
lower test Tung and Boiled linseed oil.

In any case the Danish oil should suffice for a cribbage board finish.

Rule one of finishing
Decide on a finish at the same time you start planning a project. Finishing
is NOT an after thought

Rule two of finishing
Decide what kind of protection a piece will need

Rule three
Decide what look you want

Rule four
Pick a finish that satisfies both. This can mean having to make a compromise
or two

Rule
If one insists on making a finish an after thought slap poly on it

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods
"Jay" wrote in message
After putting watco finish on a cribbage board, should I top coat it with

wipe on poly or brush on poly or should I just leave it alone after the
danish oil? Thanks