Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Relocating a 10' x 12" shed

Commish wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the PVC pipes would crush instantly.

If I could borrow some thick enough metal/steel/iron pipes that might
be an idea....

I saw an inventor/discoverer demonstrate how to move 60-ton concrete blocks
without rollers. He had a mess of people lined up on each side of the block,
each had a long pole. A log was place along each side of the block to act as
a fulcrum.

Each person, at the "heave-ho" command, pulled down on their pole and the
block went up. Then each person stepped forward a couple of paces and the
block moved backwards. Then the heavers raised their poles and the block
went down.

The fulcrum-logs were moved to be alongside the block's new position, the
pole-tenders got another grip and the block moved another three feet.

Think of it as being similar to rowing a galley.

Quite impressive, really.