Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Samuel[_2_] Rick Samuel[_2_] is offline

Default doggie door

"SteveB" wrote in message

"nefletch" wrote in message
scommunications...
I have gotten some very good advice on this group, and
I thank them for it. I do have a favor to ask. My wife
wants me to put in a doggie door from the living area to
the outside, not just from the garage. We have 6 months
of winter, and 6 months of summer, so I need a good
quality airtight type doggie door. Any suggestions will
be appreciated. thx

My experiences with about six doggie doors: There are no airtight doggie
doors. The next best thing is two doors that are separated by at least
three feet, as one would have in a porch or enclosed foyer situation.

Steve

Correct, there is no airtight doors, altho keeping the sun off the flap
helps it to maintain it's shape. Add some astro turf inside the two doors.
That will help clean their feet. And the first time it's too cold, too hot
or raining, guess where they'll do their business. So be ready for a bit of
training.