Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_8_] Mark[_8_] is offline

Default Working in hot attic

I assume he goes downstairs and sets the thermostat to the 'icebox' setting?
Cool air will only come out of the open duct as long as the unit is running,
and I'd think (hope?) that the un-insulated attic area would heat back up a
lot faster than the rest of the house.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
I just had a conversation with a chap who's putting more insulation in his
attic. I jokingly reminded him to start at 3:00 a.m. to avoid the 135°F
attic temps we've been experiencing locally.

He said "Nah, no problem. I disconnect an A/C duct and let it cool the
attic. Gets it down to about 80-85°. I re-tape the duct when I'm done."

After reassembling the parts of my exploded brain, I calculated he might
be on to something...