Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default which speedy joist hangers

I have to fit joists onto a ledger plate bolted to the wall. Masonry
hangers into the wall is not an option as the mortar courses are not
level so would be a total pain. Ledger plate and joists are all 75mm x
225mm. What type of speedy joist hanger to use ?
There are types (maxi-speedy ?) that just nail to the side of the
timber, or ones (long-leg ?) which are wrapped over the top
(presumably recessed into the back of the ledger plate so the rear
surface is still flat against the wall).
I guess wrapped over is stronger. If wrapped over, how "square" should
you try and get them against the timber ?
Just nailing to the front seems easier, but is the result less
strong ?
I realise square twist nails should be used.
Cheers,
Simon.