Dr. Know

Default Will Santa will fall through the roof? - AKA - Bostitch or Porter Cable Roofing Nailer?

Greetings,

I have the misfortune of having to re-roof the old homestead before
Santa falls through it this Christmas. (Assuming he even shows...)

I know this isn't exactly a woodworking question, but my question is:

I have looked at several coil roofing nailers, the Hitachi (long in
the tooth and pricey), the Bostitch RN46-1 and the Porter Cable
RN175a.

I've heard bad things about the PC, but have no first hand experience.
The Bostitch looks good, but hey, who knows?
They seem similar in weight and features.

Does anyone have any hands-on experience they are willing to share on
selecting between these two?

How much air will these use? I'm assuming a "5hp" (cough) 12 gal CH
compressor will run either of these with no problem.

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. I'm a lefty... ;-)