Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default costco honda generator

In article ,
z wrote:

Actually some new people bought the old foster place down the road from
me a few miles and I got the trust fund impression. We were talking
about home power at a BBQ and they were telling me how they had big plans
for putting in wind power etc.

For one thing the spot they bought is terrible for wind power but that
didn't seem to bother them. Like me they'd need to send the power at
least 3/4 a mile to get any wind. And I was reminding them of 140 MPH
winds we get from time to time and how to make a tower/turbine that can
withstand that. And they've got no road or access to the only place on
their property to do wind, and its on steep hill with timber .. its a big
****ing job in anycase.

No problem they were like 'well we can get these wind turbines for only
30,000 so we're thinking about putting two in to see how they go.

Oh.. right. OK then if you want to spend unlimited amounts of money on
it than I guess it can be made to work. The thing they COULD do on that
place is hydro so I was talking with them about that. The guy was
convinced he wanted to use an archemedes screw with a concrete shoot of
some kind with some home made rare earth magnets he had to generate
power. We were all pretty drunk by that time so I'm going to have to
talk with them more seriously at some point.

But the 30k turbines cracked me up. Yeah I could buy a russian nuclear
sub and put it in the creek and run off the power plant in that thing too
if I had a bazzillion dollars to spend on it.

So I think thats what got me in the trust fund mood -- I get so tired of
people telling me 'just buy a bunch of solar panels' and the like

Sorry about that I'm sure you understand

-z

Yep, Flatlanders for sure... You can pick them out of any crowd,
anywhere... First Clue.... More Money, than Brains..... Second Clue,
They use all the Buzzwords, alright, BUT never have had any Grease under
their Manicured Fingernails..... Nice bunch of folks, but don't ever do
"Business " with them.....

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply