Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Should I buy steel reinforced washer hoses?

On Jul 15, 11:21*pm, blueman wrote:
writes:
" wrote:

LOTS cheaper than cleaning up after a flood. *Steel mesh is the only way
to go. *I speak from experience.

OK

Is any brand of steel mesh OK I guess?

Just buy whatever brand Lowe's or HD have?

Also, should I buy a water "pan" to set under washer as
well?

I don't know - I bought steel mesh hoses at Home Depot. About 3 years
later, I noticed puddles of water under the washer. Turns out the
steel hose was leaking from where the hose joins the fitting. I was
really disappointed given the price they charge for those hoses.

The only washing machine leak I have ever had was with one of these
hoses.

Jimmie