Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default American Workshop Program

scritch wrote:
Upscale wrote:

Unlike a piece of fruit, many people watch a workshop program to get a
small piece of new knowledge which is why they might keep watching it.

If you read their posts, they clearly feel that they know more than the
"hacks" that they are complaining about.

Upscales right, even if I know 1000 times more than you, It's still very
easy to learn something new, even from a hack.

It's kind of like

"Man, this stuff tastes terrible!"

"Yeah, and there ain't enough, either."

If a man is starving, he'll eat maggots, if sated, he can be picky.
I have over 500 stations and the only woodworking shows are old NYW
reruns and Scott Phillips. I can watch Days of Our Lives or ****ty
woodworking shows, so I pick ****ty woodworking shows. If Scott Phillips
likes white glue because you can't see it when it dries, I'll bitch
about it all I want.

I would like a show, or a shop teacher, or anyone attempting to teach or
publicly display for cash, woodworking, or gymnastics, or surgery (or
anything} to have a handle on what he is doing. Scott Phillips is an
idiot when it comes to woodworking. Norm OK, even good, but still, he
needs someone else to spread the glue, and the nail guns belong in the
this old house series, not the NYW. I see no reason to be quiet about
it, especially on a woodworking news group.

When anyone says something wrong here, he gets trashed. Even if you say
something right, odds are excellent you will still get trashed. Why
the **** would you think guys doing stupid **** on tv for money should
be left alone?

--
Jack