Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Valuation of a 'ransom strip'?

drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

So I really it's a case of how badly does this guy want
the land, and how much my parents would miss it versus how much they'd
like the cash realised... but where on earth do you start in terms of
coming up with a figure for something like this?

About fifteen years ago a friend bought a strip of field adjoining her
cottage so she could make a driveway into her back garden and put up a
garage. The strip was approx 3m x 20m and cost her 10K; I expect it
would be double that now. They're not called Ransom Strips for nothing.