Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default Valuation of a 'ransom strip'?

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

Everyone seems to be under the misapprehension that land (and houses)
have an intrinsic value. As things stand, in this country, it is as close
to a free market as you can get (although not perfect as Dr D will point
out).

It will and you are in cloud-cuckoo land the housing market is rigged.
Read Who Own Britain by Kevin Cahill. he goes into it.

The value of land is entirely extrinsic and is "whatever someone is
willing to pay"!

But when an artificial shortage is created then there is a shortage of
building land AGAIN, only 7.5% of the UK is settled and 5% of that is
parks and gardens FACT!!!! I have given facts in a previous post. What
didn't you understand? Most homes in the UK are built by about 20
companies. In no other western country is there such a monopoly. I am
not giving a half-baked opinion. I am telling you how it is. Stop telling
yourself lies. You have nothing to gain by doing so.

I never argued with any of your figures, just said that the "value" of a
house was "whatever anyone was willing to pay for it".

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)