Posted to alt.home.repair
WhiteTea77581 WhiteTea77581 is offline

Default Calculating gallons used by a toilet

On Jul 15, 7:50*am, ransley wrote:
On Jul 15, 7:43*am, Hipupchuck wrote:

WhiteTea77581wrote:
I searched the internet and found some different formulas for
calculating the volume of water used by a toilet.

I took measurements of a toilet made in the 1950's and the inside
measurements of the bowl were
18 x 14 x 9 inches . The height was measured from the bottom of the
bowl to the fill line.

Does anyone know the correct formula for calculating how many gallons
that represents?

Thanks.

I have an old toilet probably 50's era. It is 6 x 19 and the water level
goes from 2 to 6.75 inches. (6x19x4.75) = 541.5 cu in or 2.3 gallons per
flush.
What does a new toilet use?- Hide quoted text -

2.3 isnt much, 1.6 is new low flush units and my old ones use near 5.

My daughter has one of new 1.6 gallon toilets.

I have nicknamed them "3 flushers".

Andy