Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Plaster blown while stripping - advice please

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Harry wrote:
'Filler' is likely to take forever to go off if it's thick. 'One coat'
gives you plenty time to get a level surface - you then let it go off and
then reactivate to polish the surface. Even I can manage a reasonable
finish with this stuff.

Sounds good enough for me, although the reactivate it bit is a little
vague. Would that be done by wetting it again?

Yus. It's also a fraction of the price of proprietary fillers.

And I KNOW where I
went wrong with the car, forgot to PVA it first ;-p

;-). The trick with car body fillers is to have the correct tools to shape
the filler after filling proud. Sandpaper is likely to produce ripples.

The trick is to only mix up what you can apply in a minute. That leaves
you 4 minutes to sculpt the stuff with a blade and clean it off your tools.