Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Daniel Who Wants to Know Daniel Who Wants to Know is offline

Default costco honda generator

"Ulysses" wrote in message

I'm tying to come up with a way to charge my 48 volt battery bank by using
tapered shaft. I would like to avoid even the LoveJoy coupler if
possible.
I'm not a machinist so it makes it more of a challenge. I've been using a
belt-driven 63 amp alternator and have been having lotsa belt problems and
the best solution so far seems to be to use double pulleys and two 5/8"
belts rather than a single pulley and a 1/2" belt. The alternator is
capable of charging my batteries quite satisfactorily if only I can get it
to keep running.

Try an alternator pulley for a tractor. The International Harvester 1066
and the John Deere 4430 both use a dual groove pulley on the alt. IIRC the
IH pulley is a larger diameter than the JD one. Your other option would be
to go to a serpentine belt setup but that would require very precise belt
alignment and a suitable pulley for the engine.