Posted to alt.home.repair

Default plumbing: how tight should you have to crank a union

Most plumbers don't use pipe dope for sweat solder fittings.
They use flux.

I wouldn't use WD and permatex at the same time, they might
not be friends. A dose of Permatex #2 non hardening (the
black messy crap) may do the job. washes off with alcohol
"drygas" when you get it on you. DAMHIKT.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Chuck" wrote in message

Metal. Looks like brass with a copper pipe.

Interesting about the lubrication. I had pipe dope on it
the first
time, from sweating the pipe, and I removed it the second
try. I've
torqued the heck out of it now and it _might_ be sealed.
I'll wait
overnight to know for sure. If it's still leaking I'll try
some WD-40
and/or permatex. Thanks.