Posted to alt.home.repair
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default How I think the economy will go and why

Oren wrote:

I've been checking, as I'm on a pension and a fixed income.

Check with primary sources, such as the bill itself. I'm convinced these
bloggers have never seen it.

"Eric Martell writes:

Among other provisions that control nearly every aspect of our lives,
the Waxman-Markley energy bill has a requirement that forces the
entire United States to use a National Building Code based on the
green building standards of California. Regardless of whether your
house is in Miami, Florida or Bangor, Maine, you'll have to adhere to
the standards used in a state that has one of the most moderate
climates in the U.S. The construction industry is really going to
suffer."

He's wrong. Or at least he is seriously mis-interpreting the bill.

Things in Las Vegas will not work in Two Egg, Florida.

Sure won't. But the bill does not require anything like that.

A National Building Code? Does the bill say that?

The bill requires the development of a national energy building code that sets
standards for saving energy relative to the current international building code,
not California.

-- Doug