Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Bisquit Jointer vs Dowel Pro Jig

Brian Henderson wrote:
: Upscale wrote:
: "Brian Henderson" wrote in message
: Domino. Ooh look, it makes loose tenon joints easy! Sure, but does it
: make them strong? Not according to all the tests I've seen.
:
: Perhaps, you'd like to quote those tests depicting some of those weaker
: joints?

: They did one a month or so ago in Popular Woodworking, if I'm not
: mistaken, comparing the strength of different joints. The Domino did
: not perform very well. I'm just not anywhere where I can go back and
: look at the moment.

Their initial 2007 review was extremely positive:

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/ar..._From_Festool/

They also gave it a "best new tool" award a couple of years ago.

I couldn't find a strength test (or more recent review) on their site.

-- Andy Barss