Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default New idea for work bench?

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:06:50 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

snip
I have a grounded static mat on this computer table, and cover it with
cardboard or rug scraps to work on dirty stuff. It's the background
he
http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/T...65927027495682

The mats we had at work were soft too. They held up well to
most chemicals and mild abrasions. Almost all the radio gear
went right on the mat, but I didn't always use the wrist
strap depending on what it was and what I was doing to it.
We had a cement floor which I'm sure helped a bunch too.

I put down something sacrificial too if I figured it would
tear up the mat.

There were some harder mats/surfaces coming on the market as
I was getting out. Would like to have looked them over in
person as maybe a more durable surface. Doesn't matter much
anymore. Now you just have to know how to pack & ship, open
and re-unite product with said customer...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b