Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plaster blown while stripping - advice please

In article ,
Harry wrote:
'Filler' is likely to take forever to go off if it's thick. 'One coat'
gives you plenty time to get a level surface - you then let it go off and
then reactivate to polish the surface. Even I can manage a reasonable
finish with this stuff.

Sounds good enough for me, although the reactivate it bit is a little
vague. Would that be done by wetting it again?

Yus. It's also a fraction of the price of proprietary fillers.

And I KNOW where I
went wrong with the car, forgot to PVA it first ;-p

;-). The trick with car body fillers is to have the correct tools to shape
the filler after filling proud. Sandpaper is likely to produce ripples.

--
*A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.