Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Extension Cord Repair Problem

On Jul 14, 11:32*am, Red Green wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote :

I was repairing an extension cord tonight and I think I made a
mistake.

I had to replace both ends because the cord was cut near the plug and
the receptacle was cracked. Unfortunately, I neglected to mark which
end was which before I cut off the ends.

I took a guess and put the plug on the left end and the receptacle on
the right.

When I tested it, it seemed to take a long time for the electricity to
travel the length of the cord, so I'm assuming I put the plug and
socket on the wrong ends.

Will the electrons in the wire eventually turn around so the
electricity flows faster or should I reverse the ends before using it?

Thanks!

Are you above the equator or below it. Makes a difference you know. What
you need is a box of Tracer electrons. Based on the concept of tracer
bullets. Not available at the Borg. Good electrical supply house is
where you need to go. They should come with a pair of those special
plastic colored glasses.- Hide quoted text -

plastic colored glasses

What color is plastic?