Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
.p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com is offline

Default Working in hot attic

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:57:00 -0500, dpb wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've done that in a hot cellar, one time. Another fellow and
I were installing central AC. Of course, it was killer hot.
I think the other guy thought of it, to run the central AC
for a few minutes, while we did the duct work. Did a good
job, too.

If only they had AC ductwork around the boiler in the power plant _TO_
unfasten!!!! Did a pulverized coal flow test in middle of July heat
wave about like this one outside St Louis some years ago. 140F roughly
around the boiler; it felt absolutely MAAAAHVULESS to go take break in
the doorway where outdoor temps were only 105F or so...

Reminds me of a time I was working on a BellSouth cable vault
( the little buried thingies they have all over, that are actually
pre-cast concrete equipment rooms lined with racks of gear, and only
the condensor and the hatch above ground ).

I would go in for 15 minutes, and have to take a break ( no
AC, it was hotter than hell in there ). As I stuck my head up the
hatch for some air, I was rejoicing in how cool it felt by comparison.

Then I remembered it was a 98 degree day, and very humid :-(

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm