Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Extension Cord Repair Problem

The problem is that you were holding the tester higher than
the electrical socket. It takes so, so much longer for the
cord to fill with electricity, if it has to flow up hill.
Try plugging in the plug end, and then lay on the floor and
test the socket end lower than the plug end.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I was repairing an extension cord tonight and I think I made
a mistake.

I had to replace both ends because the cord was cut near the
plug and
the receptacle was cracked. Unfortunately, I neglected to
mark which end
was which before I cut off the ends.

I took a guess and put the plug on the left end and the
receptacle on
the right.

When I tested it, it seemed to take a long time for the
electricity to
travel the length of the cord, so I'm assuming I put the
plug and socket
on the wrong ends.

Will the electrons in the wire eventually turn around so the
electricity
flows faster or should I reverse the ends before using it?

Thanks!