Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Extension Cord Repair Problem

On Jul 13, 10:50*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I was repairing an extension cord tonight and I think I made a mistake.

I had to replace both ends because the cord was cut near the plug and
the receptacle was cracked. Unfortunately, I neglected to mark which end
was which before I cut off the ends.

I took a guess and put the plug on the left end and the receptacle on
the right.

When I tested it, it seemed to take a long time for the electricity to
travel the length of the cord, so I'm assuming I put the plug and socket
on the wrong ends.

Will the electrons in the wire eventually turn around so the electricity
flows faster or should I reverse the ends before using it?

Thanks!

You must be using this on DC current...it's used to going in the
opposite direction!
bob_v