Posted to uk.d-i-y
geraldthehamster geraldthehamster is offline

Default Getting rid of moles

On Jul 13, 6:02*am, freecycle wrote:
I've got EIGHT (count them, EIGHT) mole repellers
in my 20m square garden, 4 which rattle and 4
which give off a tone. This morning I opened my
curtains and there in the middle of my newly laid
lawn was another hill.
How the hell do you get rid of them?
|FC

Noisy mole repellers don't work. The only way to get rid of moles is
to kill them, and the easiest way to do so is by the use of tunnel
traps:

http://www.trapman.co.uk/mole-trap-catching-hints.htm

If you don't like the idea of killing moles, console yourself in the
knowledge that they are not endangered, nor are they sociable - a
large amount of damage to one garden is often done by one mole. Also,
if the positions were reversed, and moles were very large, while we
were very small, they would have no compunction about eating us if we
fell into their tunnels.

We moved to "the country" a couple of years ago, and started with all
the "humane" towny ideas of discouraging them: noisy mole repellers
(result: ring of mole hills); mothballs down the hole (result: new
mole hill with moth ball on top), etc. I then got some tunnel traps,
and had immediate success, as a complete novice. Just follow the
instructions.

You could save for a waistcoat :-)

Regards
Richard