Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting rid of moles

Huge wrote:
On 2009-07-13, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:37:04 +0100, "PeterK" wrote:

Propane + remote spark from a converted piezo electric gas lighter?

And oxygen. Video at:

http://www.rodenator.com/

"Leaves nothing in the ground". Yeah, a gigantic crater.

How about being less anal about the moles, instead?

They really do completely wreck a lawn.

I've got at a conservative estimate 10-20 on a bit over an acre. Its a
nightmare.

It's also dabgerous: the Anglian water people on the fens employ
molecatchers and rabbit catchers because the burrows undermine the dyke
walls, and with rivers running 6-8 ft ABOVE the fields*, you don't need
that..

* I've driven on one road that is at least 20ft below the river.. quite
scary.