Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Waste licence fine

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Matty F wrote:
(SNIP)

The fine was issued under the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act
2005 which also covers the Control of Pollution Act 1989.

The spokesman added: "All people carrying waste commercially must have
a licence. This allows them to dump waste at the tip without paying
any extra - but they must have a waste transfer note from the tip.

I'd love to dispose of customers waste for them as part of a quality
service. Alas, licence or not, all our local tips have a height barrier
and don't allow commercial vehicles in.

Your post has prompted me to e mail our local council to ask where I could
take waste should ihave a licence - no mention of licence application,
location of tips on their web site.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Let me know what they come up with. I expext that is will cost you and you
will have to use a weighbridge type facility to dispose of your waste.

Adam