Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Sink Loose in Countertop

red wrote:
Do modern bathroom sinks (china) not use any mechanical fastenings to
hold them to the countertop? I have one that wiggles in the cutout
and there is nothing underneath to tighten. There is a bead of caulk
under the lip of the sink, but it isn't stuck to the countertop.

Any suggestions, or am I going to have to unhook the pipes and
"reglue" it?

Thanks,
Red

That is how the bath sink in this place I bought 4 years ago was
installed. Popped loose while I was getting the clogged trap unhitched
to clean it out. No evidence on the sink of any place for clips, so I
guess that is how it was supposed to be installed.

--
aem sends...