Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sink Loose in Countertop

Do modern bathroom sinks (china) not use any mechanical fastenings to
hold them to the countertop? I have one that wiggles in the cutout
and there is nothing underneath to tighten. There is a bead of caulk
under the lip of the sink, but it isn't stuck to the countertop.

Any suggestions, or am I going to have to unhook the pipes and
"reglue" it?

Thanks,
Red
Posted to alt.home.repair

red wrote:
Do modern bathroom sinks (china) not use any mechanical fastenings to
hold them to the countertop? I have one that wiggles in the cutout
and there is nothing underneath to tighten. There is a bead of caulk
under the lip of the sink, but it isn't stuck to the countertop.

Any suggestions, or am I going to have to unhook the pipes and
"reglue" it?

Thanks,
Red

That is how the bath sink in this place I bought 4 years ago was
installed. Popped loose while I was getting the clogged trap unhitched
to clean it out. No evidence on the sink of any place for clips, so I
guess that is how it was supposed to be installed.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 13, 7:41*pm, red wrote:

snip

Any suggestions, or am I going to have to unhook the pipes and
"reglue" it?

Pop off the top, clean off all traces of old caulk (acetone, denatured
alcohol) on both parts, reinstall with a bath and shower type silicone
sealant. After 24 hours or so, hook up the plumbing.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 10:41*pm, Joe wrote:
snip
Pop off the top, clean off all traces of old caulk (acetone, denatured
alcohol) on both parts, reinstall with a bath and shower type silicone
sealant. After 24 hours or so, hook up the plumbing.

Joe

sigh. that's what I figured. have to shovel the make-up supplies off
the counter and get to work.

Red