Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_20_] Tim[_20_] is offline

Default Sub panel to a sub panel

"stryped" wrote in message
On Jul 13, 10:42 am, "Tim" wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

-What size panel for the new garage would I need? (If my home service
-is 200 amps, and my current sub panel is 100 amps?) Can I put another
-100 amp panel in my new garage/shop?

Yes. Just remember if your collective load cannot exceed 200 amps. That's
why you want all your loads to come through the original main breaker.

-l have to route the cable under the house (crawl space) and
-outside under a deck to a ditch to the new shop. So you are sayign a
-disconnect where the wite comes out of the house? (Which would be
-under the deck).

Probably not, but I don't recall what the codes say.

-B the way, I will have to disconnect somethignin the main panel to
-give me space for the extra sub panel. If there is not enough slack to
-move it over. (wire wise). What can I do?

Splice it.