Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default How I think the economy will go and why

windcrest wrote:

When gas prices increased, govt did not rush in to
lower the tax rate on gas, they just raked in more cash. Now that gas
prices are low and cars efficient, govt is looking to tax based on
miles instead of gallons. Govt will get its cut, no matter what the
economy does, because they can. I just wonder why they have left the
Internet economy largely tax-free within the US.

Actually, when gas prices increased, government revenue went down. Way down.
Because people started driving less.

You're correct about them trying new techniques, though. They even have
groups working on innovative new revenue streams. I heard rumors about one
new scheme recently, and, while details are still sketchy, it is thought to
involve blood. And stones.