Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default unpleasant surprise behind wallpaper

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Clint Sharp wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Clint Sharp wrote:
Perhaps an orbital sander might blend the paint edges in enough.
Otherwise lining paper would be the normal solution.

Need to be wary of doing this if the house is old, possibly lead
based paint.

On a wall? I doubt it. Woodwork, yes. Walls and ceilings used
distemper.

Wouldn't want to put money on that, I'd definitely do a lead test
before sanding it down if it appears to be . Just because it
*should* be distemper and lead based pain *should* only be used on
woodwork...

Oh FFS. Lead isn't that poisonous.

Agreed, it is repeated exposure that could be an issue. There is an issue
with young children who could ingest lead containing dust.

This issue is just as overblown as the nonsense about asbestos and mercury
from CFLs these days.