Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Connecting DVD Player

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Ferzacerly. The book had sections for 'Connecting to a audio system &
TV equipped with YUV video input'.

Then it mentions Y,CB/PB, CR/PR outputs. WTF is that all about? I want
a book that says 'put lead A into socket B'.

YUV is known as components. I dunno why it appeared on domestic equipment
as it was originally a way of recording high quality pictures to
professional videotape. And really offers no advantage in theory over RGB
via a SCART.

Component will also often be the only connection available that will
support progressive scan on a fair bit of kit - so is handy for
projector use.

--
Cheers,

John.